ASSOCIATION’S ACTIVITIES AT A GLANCE
- The Association has a strong network of more than 11000 members. However, out of this 11000 only 1700 members are registered with the Alumni Association. We appeal to all those alumni who have not yet registered, please come forward and register yourself online and become a registered as well as active member of the association. In order to make the registration process convenient, the association has provided a web link on the Home Page of the Institute website. The link is http://gecnitrralumni.org/register
- For the past 6 years the Association is helping poor and needy students financially through its “Student Educational Assistance Fund”. The Association has offered assistance to 39 students during the year 2010 - 2017. In this connection, the Association has disbursed a sum of Rs. 17,99,098/- out of the total collection of Rs. 38,08,520/-. We have kept an amount of Rs. 23,55,001/- into fixed deposit account to make the corpus of targeted amount of Rs 1 Cr.
- The Association is very proactive in extending helping hands to Alumni as well as students in cases of emergency, medical assistance, accidental issues and during any untoward incident. It has disbursed a total of Rs. 15,83,000/- towards various kind of help extended to its members. The disbursed amount was out of the collection of Rs 20,31,482.18 through our Helping Hand initiative.
- The Alumni Association, NIT Raipur is committed to facilitate the Institute with multifunctional and modern infrastructure and best amenities in the campus in the name of “Golden Tower”. The construction work of ‘Golden Tower’ is currently in full swing. Its funding is being catered for by the Alumni i.e. contribution by Alumni to their Alma Mater. As on 31st March 2017, total expenditure incurred on ‘Golden Tower’ construction work is Rs. 36,93,025.00 out of the reserve fund from the time of constitution of Alumni Association. Fresh collection of Rs. 19,46,906.50 was also made in separate Golden Tower Bank account. As on date the account has a balance of Rs. 4,75,360/-. We invite all alumni to come forward with generous contribution so that the construction of the Golden Tower can be completed at the earliest.
- The Alumni Association, NIT Raipur has provided an ambulance for the benefit of the society and it’s running in association with Seth Jethamalji Surana Smrity Trust, Deokar, Distt. Bemetara (C.G.) to serve the residents of rural areas of Chhattisgarh.
- It has also organized “Blood Donation Camps” at Raipur and Bhilai. In addition, at the time of urgent need through our alumni network the Association also helped alumni and their family members to get blood at several times.
- The Association has actively participated in the ‘Swacch Bharat Abhiyan’. Under this initiative, the association has organised various activities in and around the Institute campus and also organized several tree plantation campaign.
- The Alumni Association has been conducting various programmes to develop the overall personality and skill-sets of students and members. These programmes include Expert Lecture, meetings and talks with luminaries, interactive and personality development sessions.
- The Alumni Association has been conducting various workshops amongst the aspiring Engineering students explaining them the benefits of Engineering and the core Engineering which shapes the future of the country, society and public at large.
- The Alumni Association has been taking initiatives in providing platform for Engineering Students across Chhattisgarh to identify appropriate technical solutions for implementation in developmental activities in the State.
- The Alumni Association has been organising programs providing 'real world' exposure to students and members by bringing experts from different walks of life and to help them learn from their experiences.
- In order to strengthen the alumni network globally, the association has facilitated an online directory to all its members (alumni) by the name of “Alumni Connect” Mobile app. It is also operating a Facebook page / group and has more than 60 active WhatsApp group for instant transmission of messages.
- Different chapters of Alumni Association are functional in all the major cities in India like Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Bhopal, Indore, Bhilai, Korba, Raigarh, Singarauli, Raigarh etc. and abroad. Now the process of formally affiliating these chapters has been started. Bhilai, Korba, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Indore and Bhopal Chapters are now formally affiliated chapter of Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur. Different chapters of Alumni Association are organizing Reunions at regular interval to strengthen the Alumni Network of NIT Raipur.
- The members of Association are committed to provide the best in class opportunity to the students of their alma mater by active participation/assistance in the campus placement of the Students. Its members have ensured regular presence of potential recruiters like Cognizant, Infosys, UHG, Mu Sigma, L&T, Vedanta, Samsung, SPCL, RIL, Tata and many other top notch companies in the Institute campus for placement.
- For Contribution towards the ‘Student Education Assistance Fund (SEAF), Helping Hand Initiative, Golden Tower Fund and Payment of membership fee you may use the payment gateway of the Alumni Association, NIT Raipur. The link for the same is http://gecnitrralumni.org/GivingBack
U. S. Gupta
President, Alumni Association of GEC NIT, Raipur