Effective Date/Last Modified: December 25, 2020
- What information do we gather about you?
We and our third-party vendors collect certain information regarding your use of www.gecnitrralumni.org, such as your IP address and browser type. Your session and the pages you visit on www.gecnitrralumni.org will be tracked, but you will remain anonymous. We may use your IP address to identify the general geographic area from which you are accessing www.gecnitrralumni.org. We connect data from different systems but do not link IP addresses to any personal information. We may also collect other information as described in this policy.In some cases, the data may be accessible to people involved with the operation of the site (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, as necessary, as Data Processors by us. Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur Sitecollects the following information:
- Personal Information, which includes information through which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal addresses, email addresses, IP address, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, companies you may be associated with, education, employment history, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur ("Personal Information");
- Non-Personal Information, which includes information that alone cannot be used to identify or contact you. Such Non-Personal Information may include, but is not limited to; browser information and details; operating system information; mobile device information; pages accessed; times of visit; and referring websites, applications, or services, including the relevant search queries that led you to our Services (“Non-Personal Information”);
- Collectively, Personal Information and Non-Personal Information shall be referred to as “Information.”
- How is this information collected and how can you opt out?
Information is collected in two ways: a. Information you provide directly; and b. Information we receive from your use of our Services.
Information is collected when you:
- Send any electronic communication (including via email or any other application) Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur Alumni Site;
- Enter contests run by us from time-to-time;
- Create a user account;
- Connect other online accounts with your Alumni Association of GECNIT Raipur Site account, such as Facebook or LinkedIn;
- Submit online applications and forms to Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur Alumni Site; and
- Subscribe to newsletters.
- Information collected automatically via the Internet
The Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur Site logs http requests to our server. These logs capture computer information, navigation and click stream data. Some of the information collected does not identify who you are. Other information, such as your domain name or IP address, may identify you depending on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. You may wish to ask them about their policies and practices.
Although we make no attempt to link the information captured to the identity of individuals, the information captured does identify the following:
the Internet domain and IP address from which you access our website, profile information; aggregate user data; preferences; technical session information; the type of browser;the date and time you access our site; information about your computer, hardware, software, or mobile device, including a device identifier; demographic information including zip code; and navigational data including log files, server logs, clickstream data, and language preference. User IP addresses are recorded for security and monitoring and for providing services. If you arrived at our website via a link from another webpage, we may receive aggregate or otherwise anonymous statistical information about your visit to our site
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies - these are essential in to enable you to move around the websites and use their features. Without these cookies the services you have asked for, such as registering for an account, cannot be provided.
- Performance cookies - these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often. We use this information to improve our websites and to aid us in investigating problems raised by visitors. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor.
- Functionality cookies - these cookies allow the website to remember choices you make and provide more personal features. For instance, a functional cookie can be used to remember the volume level you prefer to use when watching videos on our websites. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting cookies - these cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They collect information about your browsing habits. Targeting cookies are linked to services provided by third parties, such as 'like' and 'share' buttons and advertisements. We use targeting cookies to send third parties information on your visit so that they can make their advertising more relevant to you when you visit their websites.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
- Disclosure of Your Information
Disclosure of Personal Information that we collect or you provide, as described in this Policy, can only be made available to our service providers, which provide services for us including but not limited to sending emails on our behalf, processing payments, providing analytics services and helping us provide services as requested by users. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect Personal Information and are only allowed to use Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them. We do NOT share, sell, rent, or trade Personal Information with third parties for their own promotional purposes, and we will only share Personal Information as outlined herein or with your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce or apply our Terms of Services and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur Site, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Right to Access and Correcting Your Information
You have the right to know whether your Personal Information has been stored and can consult with Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipurabout any Personal Information to verify the accuracy of such Information and receive a copy thereof. You have the right to have the Information supplemented, erased, updated, or corrected. For its transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, requests should be sent to us by email at “email@example.com”. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services, conduct our internal operations, and to maintain a record of your transactions for financial reporting purposes. All Information will also be retained and used, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
- Data Security
The security of your Personal Information is important to Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur. We have implemented reasonable administrative, technical, and physical security measures designed to secure and protect your Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. HOWEVER, as the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to our Services. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk.We generally retain your personal data as long as you keep your account open or as needed to provide you Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Services. Data like Name, Branch, Year of passing, which is already available in College’s database shall be available if you do not wish to continue your account or disable your account.If you choose to close your account, your personal data will generally stop being visible to others on our Services within 24 hours. We generally delete closed account information within 30 days of account closure.
- Children’s Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect or solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are under 16, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Information about yourself to us. Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to monitor the activities of their wards in this regard. If we learn that we have collected Information from a child under age 16, we will delete that Information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 16 may have provided us Information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "Do Not Track" Disclosures
Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur reserves the right to update this Policy from time to time. Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur will notify you of any changes and/or modifications to the Policy by updating the “Last Modified” date on this Policy, sending an electronic communication detailing the changes, posting a notification on the Services, or as required by law. Any changes or modifications will be effective immediately upon posting the updated Policy on Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur Services. You are encouraged to periodically review this Policy to stay informed of updates. Your continued use of Alumni Association of GECNIT, Raipur Services after receipt of such revised Policy will be deemed an acceptance of the revised Policy.
- International Visitors
Our servers and data centers are located in cloud . If you choose to use the Service from outside the India, then you should know that you are transferring your Personal Information outside of your region and for storage and processing. By providing your Personal Information to us through your use of the Service, you agree to that transfer, storage, and processing in the Cloud servers, we may transfer your data from the one to other countries or regions in connection with storage and processing of data, fulfilling your requests, and operating the Service. You should know that each region can have its own privacy and data security laws, some of which may be less stringent as compared to those of your own region.
- Getting more information